“The New Century Scholarship encourages Utah high school students to accelerate their education by earning an associate degree in high school from an institution within the Utah System of Higher Education or completing a specific math and science curriculum. The scholarship may be used at any four-year public college or university in the Utah System of Higher Education, as well as at Brigham Young University—Provo, and Westminster College. The New Century Scholarship may be modified each year as a result of legislation. It is important that you use this website as your resource for the most up-to-date information. Please note: official information regarding the New Century Scholarship is produced by the Utah System of Higher Education or the Utah State Board of Regents. Do not rely on information published by any other entity.” —From StepUp Utah
• Be a United States citizen or a noncitizen eligible for federal student aid.
• Have no criminal record, except for a misdemeanor trac citation.
• Graduate from a Utah high school with a minimum 3.5 cumulative grade point average.
• Home-schooled students and students who complete high school through an online school must take the ACT exam by June 15 of the year their peer group graduates from high school and earn a minimum composite score of 26.
• Enroll in and successfully complete 15 credit hours the Fall Semester after high school graduation at an eligible college or university, maintaining a 3.3 semester GPA or obtain an approved deferment.
Complete one of the following academic options:
Associate Degree Track (earn your associate’s degree)
Math and Science Curriculum Track (take a certain list of college classes)